Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spirited away

A Song:


'The Sixth Station'

I went to camp a few months ago, in the autumn. I met this girl who had a pack of Spirited Away playing cards, with characters like Yubaba and Chihiro on the backs and such. 


For those of you who don't know, Spirited Away is an anime movie about a little girl named Chihiro, whose family is moving to a new city. They get lost on the way to their new house and Chihiro and her parents get separated in another dimension. Chihiro, wanting to save her parents, starts working at an ancient bath house for weary spirits, and meets several interesting characters.

That is the best I can describe it. The movie is just so weird, and surprising and magical, and you have to see it for yourself to truly experience it. 

Anyway, this girl at camp had Spirited Away playing cards.

I flipped them around for quite some time, just admiring them. I chatted with her for about thirty minutes about the movie, and about other movies that had been made by the same director (his name is Hayao Miyazaki). 

I'd never met a fan like me in the wild before. Makes me wonder how many other I walk past on the streets share the same interests as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment