Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Peter Pan

Growing up, I was never a fan of Peter Pan. It may have been because for one, I didn't understand kisses, and for twice, to this day I hate anything pirate. 

However, I thought it was cute how he didn't want to grow up, and avoided it so thoroughly he moved to a magical island full of Indians and mermaids and whatnot--it was a good escape for my child mind. 


Peter Pan is mentioned a lot in my household. My sister adore him and his green tights, and will continuously watch it on repeat. If I thought about it long enough, I think I could probably write down the entire movie script down on paper. Yeah, that's how much I know the lines. 

I don't remember much of my childhood; it's like looking through a sheet of wobbly plastic when I try and recall facts. Most of the stuff I have is from my parents. Sometimes when I'm at home, sitting on the sofa my mom will tell me things about when I was six or seven. 

One of the things I do remember is that I loved every Disney movie except for Peter Pan. Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast were on constant repeat at my house. I could sing the songs, warbling like a swallow--but when people brought up that mythical Neverland, my throat closed up and I didn't want to talk about it, suddenly. 

I grew up more, and suddenly I was wishing for the days when I didn't have to worry about more than turning in my homework on time. I read the actual book Peter Pan, and then some of the other series of fan fiction--Peter and the Starcatchers, by far, is my favorite. I love it more than the actual series from which it was built.

Now, I don't hate Peter Pan. I wish that as I child I could have loved him more. Whenever I finally save up and go to Disney World, I will definitely be in line to go and meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment